ISD Huta Czestochowa Sp. z o.o. [ISD Częstochowa Steelworks Ltd.] continuing the production tradition of Huta Częstochowa S.A., is the largest and most modern heavy plates producer in Poland. The Steelworks produces over 65% of steel sheets manufactured in Poland and has an approximate 35% share in the entire national consumption of this product. ISD Huta Częstochowa is also a recognized and respected producer in its field in Europe (4-5% production). Additionally, the Steelworks produces semi-products like blooms used mainly in pipes and tubes production.
The company implemented and certified the Integrated Management System according to the following standards: ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14001:2004 and PN-N18001:2004, in the area of heavy plates, seamless pipes and half-finished products production, including quality, environmental protection and industrial safety issues. The System Certification was done by BUREAU VERITAS CERTIFICATION.
Our main product, hot rolled sheet plates are a basic Steelwork `s material used in the following industries:
– shipbuliding and repair shipyards,
– steel construction,
– power-energetic sectors,
– mining industry,
– plates for large diameter longitudinally welded pipes.
ISD Huta Częstochowa\’s operation is to combine satisfaction and gratification of the Customer with business objectives of the company. Our policy is to address each customer individually, offering technical consulting, as well as endeavour to fulfill different, non-standard demands and requests.
We sincerely welcome everyone to a mutual working relationship.
Sales offer – Plate Mill
Plates are manufactured in a reversing four-high mill from continuously casted slabs coming from own steel melted in an electric arc converter KONEL® and subjected to secondary metallurgy treatment in a ladle furnace LF and vacuum degasser VD/VOD.
– Thickness 6 – 70 mm 
– Width 1500 – 3320 mm
– Length 2000 – 18000 mm
Dimensions and tolerances:
EN 10029, DIN 1543, ASTM A6, ASTM A20
- fine-grained and alloy steel plates for pressure vessels and boilers:
EN 10028-2, P235GH – 11CrMo9 10, EN 10028-3, P275N – P460NL2, DIN 17155, HI – 10CrMo9 10
- steel ship plates in categories 235, 315 and 355 MPa, acc. to ABS, BV, DNV, GL, LR, RINA;
heavy plates for the offshore structures, acc. to DNV-OS-B101
- weather resistant steel plates acc. to standards EN 10025-5:2004, S235JOW – S355K2G2W;
ASTM-A709, 50W, 70W, 100W.
- quenched and tempered structural steel plates,
acc. to PN-EN 10025-6:2004, grades S500Q, S690Q,QL,QL1, S890QL, S960QL.
- abrasion resistant steel plates, grade HARTPLAST 400 (thickness 10-50mm) and HARTPLAST500 (thickness 10-40mm)
- plates for large diameter longitudinally welded pipes,
acc to API 5L – grades X56, X60, X65, X70, X80;
acc. to standard EN 10208-2 – grades L415MB, L450MB, L485MB;
and acc. to standard’s GOST – K52, K55, K56, K60, K60-2, K60-3
- structural steel plates:
acc. to EN 10025-2:2004, ASTM A283, ASTM A573,
HSLA steel plates acc to ASTM A572
- heavy plates operated in elevated temperature, non alloy and alloy steel plates, acc to EN 10028-2, 10028-3, ASTM A204, ASTM A612, ASTM A537, ASTM A516, ASTM A662, ASTM A387
- heat treated high strength alloy steel plates,
acc to ASTM A517 and non-alloy steel plates
acc to EN 10083-2
Plates included in the manufacturing programme of the plate mill can also be shot-blasted and painted, covered with shop primer.
Sales offer – Steel Plant
Steel Plant of ISD Częstochowa Steelwork\’s Ltd after total modernisation, currently is very modern technological unit equipped with:
– AC electric arc converter KONEL®
– ladle furnace LF
– vacuum degasser VD/VOD
– CC machine with straight casting mould and segmented strand guide system
– structural steel
– fine-grained alloy steel for pressure vessels and boilers
– low-alloy and alloy constructional steel for quenching and tempering
– abrasion resistant steel
– weather resistant steel
– high alloy steel
dimensions 280 x 280 mm
length 2100 – 9400 mm
dimensions 150, 225 or 250 x 1100 – 2000 mm
length 2100 – 9400 mm
Sales offer – Steel Constructions Centre
Steel Constructions Centre, a part of ISD Huta Częstochowa, is the biggest steel service centre in Poland. It consists of:
- Metal Construction Department,
- Bridge Construction Department,
- Prefabricated Products Department,
- Anticorrosion Protection Department
Steel Construction Centre uses high quality and modern gas, plasma and laser cutting machines of Messer, ESAB, TRUMPF and produces approximately 80000 tonnes of steel goods annually – including bridge constructions and welded sections, elements of large size tanks, others steel constructions and flatted prefabricated units for different customers. This Centre employs over 700 employees – including 72 engineers. In the year 2008 the sale of goods exceeded 100 000 tonnes.
Steel Construction Centre products:
For many European windmill tower markets, we are the recognized supplier of wind towers construction items. Customers of our products are: i.e. Vestas in Denmark, Nordex in Germany, Siemens in Denmark, WinWind in Finland and others. Full production capabilities of precise cut plates allow us to complete our trade offer with multidimensional elements used in the production of pressure vessels and large diameter pipes. On customer\’s request, we apply steel of high quality special grades: alloy steel, container steel or fine grained steel.
THE COMPANY PRODUCES STEEL STRUCTURES AND PREFABRICATED PRODUCTS:
- Construction elements for wind towers,
- Bridges and flyovers,
- Welded industrial and civil structures,
- Crane structures,
- Welded beams and profiles,
- Welded pipes, vessels and cisterns,
- Parts of machines,
- Prefabricated plates,
- Assembly components for: machines, ships, other means of transport and large diameter tubes etc.
All above-mentioned products could be shot blasted and painted with shop primer coating protection, could also include welding chamfers.
Steel Construction Centre products are always prepared according to customers requirements and expectations.
If you are interested in our offer or if you need any further information, please contact us.